Patna celebrates Holi
Patna: With Holi being celebrated in Bihar today revellers were out on the roads in the state capital to participate in the festival of colours.
Revellers gathered around shops at the Dak Bungalow roundabout in the heart of the state capital for the customary `thandai` and `paan`.
A large number of people flocked to a water park on the outskirts of the city to enjoy Holi on the lines of the the `La Tomatina` festival of Spain.
Ripe tomatoes were thrown at each other, with colours also being used as there were dances to catchy Holi songs.
Political bigwigs including Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD president Lalu Prasad kept away from the celebrations.
Their official residences at 1, Anne Marg and 10, Circular Road, respectively wore a deserted look.
Director General of Police Abhayanand played drums and cymbals and sang Holi songs at his residence with officials and policemen attending the celebrations.
"Policemen don`t get leave on Holi. They can`t go home to celebrate. We want to extend our best wishes to the people of the state and assure them that they can celebrate the festival without any worry," Abhayanand said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere