Patna HC acquits eight in former minister`s murder
Patna: The Patna High Court Thursday acquitted eight people who were earlier convicted by a trial court in the murder of former RJD minister Brij Bihari Prasad in 1998.
A division bench of the court acquitted the eight accused including former MP Surajbhan Singh, former legislators Munna Shukla, and Rajan Tiwari.
The eight accused were awarded life imprisonment by the trial court in 2009.
Brij Bihari Prasad, a criminal-turned politician, was an accused in the engineering admissions scam. He was shot dead inside the premises of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Patna while he was on an evening walk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed