Patna HC acquits Surajbhan, 8 others in Brij Bihari murder case
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Overturning the trial court order, the Patna High Court on Thursday acquitted former LJP MP Surajbhan Singh and eight others in the sensational murder case of former Bihar minister Brij Bihari Singh on June 13, 1998.
Others who were awarded life imprisonment by trial court in 2009 before being acquitted by the High Court today are Vijay Kumar Shukla alias Munna Shukla, Rajan Tiwari, Mantu Tiwari, Lallan Singh, Mukesh Singh, Ram Niranjan Chaudhary and Captain Sunil, were the others who were awarded life imprisonment by trial court in 2009 before being acquitted by the High Court today.
An accused in the engineering admissions scam, Brij Bihari was gunned down by heavily armed men inside the premises of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Patna while he was on an evening walk.
He was admitted to the hospital for treatment under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss