Patna HC allows jailed Bihar MLAs to vote in RS poll
Patna: Patna High Court today allowed
the incarcerated ruling JD (U) Vijay Kumar Shukla and
suspended party MLA Sunil Pandey to cast votes in the biennial
elections to five Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar tomorrow.
Justice Navin Sinha allowed their prayers for voting
after hearing their counsels.
The court asked the state police to take them to the
state assembly under full protection from Khudiram Bose jail
in Muzaffarpur and high-security Beur jail in Patna tomorrow.
Shukla, facing life imprisonment charge, was lodged in
Muzaffarpur jail in connection with the killing of former RJD
Minister Brij Bihari Prasad.
Suspended JD(U) MLA Pandey was also lodged in jail in
Patna in connection with a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump