Patna HC allows jailed Bihar MLAs to vote in RS poll
Patna: Patna High Court today allowed
the incarcerated ruling JD (U) Vijay Kumar Shukla and
suspended party MLA Sunil Pandey to cast votes in the biennial
elections to five Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar tomorrow.
Justice Navin Sinha allowed their prayers for voting
after hearing their counsels.
The court asked the state police to take them to the
state assembly under full protection from Khudiram Bose jail
in Muzaffarpur and high-security Beur jail in Patna tomorrow.
Shukla, facing life imprisonment charge, was lodged in
Muzaffarpur jail in connection with the killing of former RJD
Minister Brij Bihari Prasad.
Suspended JD(U) MLA Pandey was also lodged in jail in
Patna in connection with a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list