Patna HC allows jailed Bihar MLAs to vote in RS poll
Patna: Patna High Court today allowed
the incarcerated ruling JD (U) Vijay Kumar Shukla and
suspended party MLA Sunil Pandey to cast votes in the biennial
elections to five Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar tomorrow.
Justice Navin Sinha allowed their prayers for voting
after hearing their counsels.
The court asked the state police to take them to the
state assembly under full protection from Khudiram Bose jail
in Muzaffarpur and high-security Beur jail in Patna tomorrow.
Shukla, facing life imprisonment charge, was lodged in
Muzaffarpur jail in connection with the killing of former RJD
Minister Brij Bihari Prasad.
Suspended JD(U) MLA Pandey was also lodged in jail in
Patna in connection with a murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why