Patna HC allows jailed JD(U) MLA to attend brother`s marriage
Patna: The Patna High Court on Wednesday allowed an
JD(U) MLA, undergoing a life imprisonment, to attend the
marriage ceremony of his brother.
A division bench of Justice Shiv Kiriti Singh and Justice
Chandra Mohan Prasad today allowed the petition of Vijay Kumar
Shukla alias Muna Shukla filed by his lawyers in this regard.
The court directed the Superintendent of Muzaffarpur
central jail to take Shukla to Vaishali under tight security
so that he could attend his brother`s `tilak` ceremony on
February 5 and the marriage and reception on February 9 and
February 12 respectively.
Shukla is serving life term for his involvement in the
killing of former Bihar Science and Technology Development
Minister Brij Bihari Bihari Prasad at Indira Gandhi Institute
of Medical Sciences here, where he was admitted, while he was
taking an evening stroll in the hospital campus on June 13,
Prasad, who was facing a CBI inquiry in a scam in the
admission of students into engineering colleges, was gunned
down along with his body guard and an associate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth