Patna HC allows jailed JD(U) MLA to attend brother`s marriage
Patna: The Patna High Court on Wednesday allowed an
JD(U) MLA, undergoing a life imprisonment, to attend the
marriage ceremony of his brother.
A division bench of Justice Shiv Kiriti Singh and Justice
Chandra Mohan Prasad today allowed the petition of Vijay Kumar
Shukla alias Muna Shukla filed by his lawyers in this regard.
The court directed the Superintendent of Muzaffarpur
central jail to take Shukla to Vaishali under tight security
so that he could attend his brother`s `tilak` ceremony on
February 5 and the marriage and reception on February 9 and
February 12 respectively.
Shukla is serving life term for his involvement in the
killing of former Bihar Science and Technology Development
Minister Brij Bihari Bihari Prasad at Indira Gandhi Institute
of Medical Sciences here, where he was admitted, while he was
taking an evening stroll in the hospital campus on June 13,
Prasad, who was facing a CBI inquiry in a scam in the
admission of students into engineering colleges, was gunned
down along with his body guard and an associate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset