Patna HC asks Guv to clear stand on VC appointment
Patna: The Patna High Court on Tuesday asked the secretariat of the Chancellor of Universities, Devanand Konwar, who is also the state governor, to clear its stand on a PIL seeking appointment of full fledged vice-chancellors.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising justices S K Katriyar and Vikas Jain on a PIL filed by a citizen Janardan Singh.
The bench asked the chancellor`s secretariat to clarify its stand on the issues raised in the petition soon.
The PIL had alleged that most of the universities in Bihar did not have full-fledged vice-chancellors and sought the court`s intervention in this regard.
Apart from the Patna University, the varsities which do not have full-fledged vice-chancellors are: Magadh University, Veer Kunwar University, B R Ambedkar University and B N Mandal University.
The petitioner alleged that the academic work and functioning of the universities were badly affected in absence of full-fledges VCs there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference