Patna HC asks Guv to clear stand on VC appointment
Patna: The Patna High Court on Tuesday asked the secretariat of the Chancellor of Universities, Devanand Konwar, who is also the state governor, to clear its stand on a PIL seeking appointment of full fledged vice-chancellors.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising justices S K Katriyar and Vikas Jain on a PIL filed by a citizen Janardan Singh.
The bench asked the chancellor`s secretariat to clarify its stand on the issues raised in the petition soon.
The PIL had alleged that most of the universities in Bihar did not have full-fledged vice-chancellors and sought the court`s intervention in this regard.
Apart from the Patna University, the varsities which do not have full-fledged vice-chancellors are: Magadh University, Veer Kunwar University, B R Ambedkar University and B N Mandal University.
The petitioner alleged that the academic work and functioning of the universities were badly affected in absence of full-fledges VCs there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth