Patna HC asks Guv to clear stand on VC appointment
Patna: The Patna High Court on Tuesday asked the secretariat of the Chancellor of Universities, Devanand Konwar, who is also the state governor, to clear its stand on a PIL seeking appointment of full fledged vice-chancellors.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising justices S K Katriyar and Vikas Jain on a PIL filed by a citizen Janardan Singh.
The bench asked the chancellor`s secretariat to clarify its stand on the issues raised in the petition soon.
The PIL had alleged that most of the universities in Bihar did not have full-fledged vice-chancellors and sought the court`s intervention in this regard.
Apart from the Patna University, the varsities which do not have full-fledged vice-chancellors are: Magadh University, Veer Kunwar University, B R Ambedkar University and B N Mandal University.
The petitioner alleged that the academic work and functioning of the universities were badly affected in absence of full-fledges VCs there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda