Patna HC rejects Shahabuddin`s bail
Patna: The Patna High Court on Wednesday rejected the bail application of former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin in connection with the seizure of illegal firearms and foreign currency during raids at his ancestral home in 2004.
Justice Navin Sinha turned down Shahabuddin`s petition for regular bail in the case.
Police had raided Shahabuddin`s Pratappur residence in Bihar`s Siwan district on April 24, 2004 and seized the illegal firearms and foreign currencies.
Shahabuddin, facing life term in a kidnap and murder case, is in judicial custody in Siwan jail at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test