Patna HC seeks clarity on Guv’s stand on PIL
Patna: The Patna High Court on Tuesday asked the
secretariat of the Chancellor of Universities, Devanand
Konwar, who is also the state Governor, to clear its stand on
a PIL seeking appointment of full-fledged vice-chancellors.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising
justices SK Katriyar and Vikas Jain on a PIL filed by a
citizen Janardan Singh.
The bench asked the chancellor`s secretariat to clarify
its stand on the issues raised in the petition soon.
The PIL had alleged that most of the universities in
Bihar did not have full-fledged vice-chancellors and sought
the court`s intervention in this regard.
Apart from the Patna University, the varsities which do
not have full-fledged vice-chancellors are: Magadh University,
Veer Kunwar University, B R Ambedkar University and B N Mandal
The petitioner alleged that the academic work and
functioning of the universities were badly affected in absence
of full-fledges VCs there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27