Patna HC seeks clarity on Guv’s stand on PIL
Patna: The Patna High Court on Tuesday asked the
secretariat of the Chancellor of Universities, Devanand
Konwar, who is also the state Governor, to clear its stand on
a PIL seeking appointment of full-fledged vice-chancellors.
The order was passed by a division bench comprising
justices SK Katriyar and Vikas Jain on a PIL filed by a
citizen Janardan Singh.
The bench asked the chancellor`s secretariat to clarify
its stand on the issues raised in the petition soon.
The PIL had alleged that most of the universities in
Bihar did not have full-fledged vice-chancellors and sought
the court`s intervention in this regard.
Apart from the Patna University, the varsities which do
not have full-fledged vice-chancellors are: Magadh University,
Veer Kunwar University, B R Ambedkar University and B N Mandal
The petitioner alleged that the academic work and
functioning of the universities were badly affected in absence
of full-fledges VCs there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH