Patna HC suspends SDJM for seeking sexual favours
Patna: Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM) of Sherghati in Gaya district has been put under suspension by Patna High Court for allegedly seeking sexual favours from a senior medical officer.
The HC adminstration deliberated on the report of Gaya District Judge and put Sherghati SDJM Ram Sajan under suspension Saturday, HC sources said today.
As per information, a health worker job aspirant had filed a case against Deputy Superintendent Sherghati Subdivisional hospital Rajendra Prasad Singh and the case reached the court of the SDJM.
The SDJM allegedly tried to strike a deal with the Deputy Superintendent asking him to provide female health worker to sleep with him. Initially, the overtures were said to be friendly but it soon took shape of blackmail when his demand was rejected.
Disturbed medical officer reported the incident to the Patna High Court. The high court sought a report from the Gaya district judge and on finding the complaint true, suspended the SDJM.
The Sherghati SDJM episode has come weeks after three Judicial Officers were removed from the service on the charge of being found with girls in a hotel in Nepal.
The Bihar government had dismissed the three Judicial Officers on recommendations of the Patna high court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?