Patna HC suspends SDJM for seeking sexual favours
Patna: Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM) of Sherghati in Gaya district has been put under suspension by Patna High Court for allegedly seeking sexual favours from a senior medical officer.
The HC adminstration deliberated on the report of Gaya District Judge and put Sherghati SDJM Ram Sajan under suspension Saturday, HC sources said today.
As per information, a health worker job aspirant had filed a case against Deputy Superintendent Sherghati Subdivisional hospital Rajendra Prasad Singh and the case reached the court of the SDJM.
The SDJM allegedly tried to strike a deal with the Deputy Superintendent asking him to provide female health worker to sleep with him. Initially, the overtures were said to be friendly but it soon took shape of blackmail when his demand was rejected.
Disturbed medical officer reported the incident to the Patna High Court. The high court sought a report from the Gaya district judge and on finding the complaint true, suspended the SDJM.
The Sherghati SDJM episode has come weeks after three Judicial Officers were removed from the service on the charge of being found with girls in a hotel in Nepal.
The Bihar government had dismissed the three Judicial Officers on recommendations of the Patna high court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees