Patna HC turns down bail plea of Rupam Pathak
Patna: Patna High Court on Monday turned down the bail plea of Rupam Pathak convicted in the murder case of the ruling BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari in 2011.
A division bench of the court, comprising Justice Navneet Prasad Singh and Justice Ashwani Kumar, dismissed her petition for regular bail.
The CBI court had on April 10 found Rupam Pathak, a school teacher, guilty of stabbing to death Keshari at his Purnia residence in full public view on January 4, 2011 and sentenced her to undergo life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...