Patna: Plying of private boats banned, ghats ready for Chhath
Patna: Plying of private boats on the Ganga
has been banned and Ghats along rivers and ponds across Bihar
spruced up for Chhath festival Friday.
In the state capital, the district administration banned
plying of private boats for 24 hours, beginning 10 AM tomorrow
on the entire stretch of river Ganges in view of the festival
in which the Sun is worshipped to promote happiness and
District Magistrate J K Sinha said a control room has been
set up at the Bankipur club with all facilities, including
videography and river patrolling.
Over 100 boats with divers and police jawans would patrol
along the 78 ghats on this stretch, he said, adding about 25
ambulances would be positioned at important ghats.
Similar arrangements have been made in other parts of he
state, official sources said.
Meanwhile, Governor D Konwar and Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar greeted the people on the occasion of Chhath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought