Patna police launches wheel-lock system to ease traffic
Patna: The city police has launched a special drive to catch violators of traffic rule by locking the wheel of erring vehicles in pubic places.
For the purpose, the police had already acquired 100 pieces of "wheel lock", Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said today.
In the just concluded week-long campaign, over 200 vehicles had been booked and penalty collected from their owners, he said adding that the penalty was fixed at Rs 600 a vehicle.
Besides, traffic cranes would be pressed into service to decipline traffic in the state capital, he said.
The police action followed strong comments of the Patna High court on traffic chaos recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16