Patna police launches wheel-lock system to ease traffic
Patna: The city police has launched a special drive to catch violators of traffic rule by locking the wheel of erring vehicles in pubic places.
For the purpose, the police had already acquired 100 pieces of "wheel lock", Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said today.
In the just concluded week-long campaign, over 200 vehicles had been booked and penalty collected from their owners, he said adding that the penalty was fixed at Rs 600 a vehicle.
Besides, traffic cranes would be pressed into service to decipline traffic in the state capital, he said.
The police action followed strong comments of the Patna High court on traffic chaos recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot