Patna Police to visit Mumbai to collect Hasan Ali`s signature
Patna: A police team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police will visit Mumbai to collect the specimen signature of tax defaulter Hasan Ali, police sources said on Thursday.
Permission was granted by Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramakant Yadav on an application filed by the police seeking permission for taking Ali`s specimen signature to probe a fake passport case.
Pune-based stud farm owner Ali is presently lodged in a Mumbai jail for tax evasion and money laundering charges.
He was booked in a case in the Kotwali police station in December 2010 for obtaining a passport from the regional passport office here on forged documents.
Ali was brought to Patna by the police on remand in January this year for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!