Patna Police to visit Mumbai to collect Hasan Ali`s signature
Patna: A police team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police will visit Mumbai to collect the specimen signature of tax defaulter Hasan Ali, police sources said on Thursday.
Permission was granted by Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramakant Yadav on an application filed by the police seeking permission for taking Ali`s specimen signature to probe a fake passport case.
Pune-based stud farm owner Ali is presently lodged in a Mumbai jail for tax evasion and money laundering charges.
He was booked in a case in the Kotwali police station in December 2010 for obtaining a passport from the regional passport office here on forged documents.
Ali was brought to Patna by the police on remand in January this year for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch