Patna serial blasts: Sushil Modi accuses Bihar govt of inadequate security
Patna: Strongly condemning the serial blasts here, senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday accused the state government of not making proper security arrangements for the party`s `Hunkar Rally`.
Five people were killed and 66 injured in six serial bomb blasts near the venue of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally minutes before he reached there to address a huge gathering.
Rejecting Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s claim that there was no input from the state and central intelligence on the blasts, Sushil Modi, a former deputy chief minister, said security should have been strengthened in anticipation of a large turnout.
He told reporters after visiting the injured in hospital that there were inputs from security and intelligence agencies before the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, but the terror attack could not be prevented.
The Bodh Gaya serial blasts and arrest of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal in Bihar in the past three months were reason enough for the state government to arrange proper security for the rally, he said.
The BJP leader claimed that Narendra Modi, a public person with a high threat perception, was not provided an SUV with a capacity to withstand an explosion, when a demand was made for it.
Modi alleged that district officials were casual after the first blast at the Patna railway station, while senior officials were unaware about it.
He also referred to the recovery of a suspicious suitcase at the venue last night.
"In spite of that, the state government failed to increase security measures for the rally," Modi said.
He said the condition of some of the injured was critical and demanded they be shifted to better hospitals or the toll would mount.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot