Patna serial blasts: Sushil Modi accuses Bihar govt of inadequate security
Patna: Strongly condemning the serial blasts here, senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday accused the state government of not making proper security arrangements for the party`s `Hunkar Rally`.
Five people were killed and 66 injured in six serial bomb blasts near the venue of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally minutes before he reached there to address a huge gathering.
Rejecting Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s claim that there was no input from the state and central intelligence on the blasts, Sushil Modi, a former deputy chief minister, said security should have been strengthened in anticipation of a large turnout.
He told reporters after visiting the injured in hospital that there were inputs from security and intelligence agencies before the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya, but the terror attack could not be prevented.
The Bodh Gaya serial blasts and arrest of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal in Bihar in the past three months were reason enough for the state government to arrange proper security for the rally, he said.
The BJP leader claimed that Narendra Modi, a public person with a high threat perception, was not provided an SUV with a capacity to withstand an explosion, when a demand was made for it.
Modi alleged that district officials were casual after the first blast at the Patna railway station, while senior officials were unaware about it.
He also referred to the recovery of a suspicious suitcase at the venue last night.
"In spite of that, the state government failed to increase security measures for the rally," Modi said.
He said the condition of some of the injured was critical and demanded they be shifted to better hospitals or the toll would mount.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what