Patna students go on rampage against pvt coaching centres
Patna: Police on Tuesday burst teargas shells and
resorted to lathicharge to quell students of some private
coaching centres here who went on a rampage alleging that the
institutes had duped them.
Hundreds of angry students blocked roads in Bazaar
Samiti, Pathar Ki Masjid, Kankerbagh, Kadamkuan and Rajendra
Nagar localities in the state capital, police said.
The mob pelted stones at the coaching institutions and
vehicles, demanding shutting down of the centre allegedly
involved in duping students and malpractices, police said,
adding that they had to resort to mild lathicharge and lobbed
teargas shells to disperse the agitators.
Yesterday also, some students blocked the Bazaar samiti
road and staged demonstration in front of coaching centres
alleging that the owners of these private institutes had duped
them under the pretext of conducting courses, they said.
Meanwhile, a CRPF constable Krishna Kumar, a resident of
Saharsa, who had suffered head injuries during the students
protest in Rajendra Nagar locality last evening, died at the
Patna Medical College Hospital today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends