Patna students go on rampage against pvt coaching centres
Patna: Police on Tuesday burst teargas shells and
resorted to lathicharge to quell students of some private
coaching centres here who went on a rampage alleging that the
institutes had duped them.
Hundreds of angry students blocked roads in Bazaar
Samiti, Pathar Ki Masjid, Kankerbagh, Kadamkuan and Rajendra
Nagar localities in the state capital, police said.
The mob pelted stones at the coaching institutions and
vehicles, demanding shutting down of the centre allegedly
involved in duping students and malpractices, police said,
adding that they had to resort to mild lathicharge and lobbed
teargas shells to disperse the agitators.
Yesterday also, some students blocked the Bazaar samiti
road and staged demonstration in front of coaching centres
alleging that the owners of these private institutes had duped
them under the pretext of conducting courses, they said.
Meanwhile, a CRPF constable Krishna Kumar, a resident of
Saharsa, who had suffered head injuries during the students
protest in Rajendra Nagar locality last evening, died at the
Patna Medical College Hospital today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores