Patna ward councillor attacked, relative injured
Patna: Gunmen fired at Prabha Devi, a ward
councillor of Patna Municipal Corporation (PMC), at RajapurPul
on West Boring Canal Road in the capital on Monday, city
superintendent of police Kim said.
While Prabha Devi escaped unhurt, her brother-in-law
sustained gunshot injuries, the police said.
The incident occurred when Prabha Devi along with her
brother-in-law Ashutosh Kumar was going to inspect her plot in
the locality. Some gunmen reached there and fired at them,
the police said.
Police soon arrived on the spot and shifted Ashutosh to
Patna medical college and hospital (PMCH).
Angry locals gathered on the spot and set ablaze three
Raids were being carried out in the area to nab the
attackers, Kim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire