Patna ward councillor attacked, relative injured
Patna: Gunmen fired at Prabha Devi, a ward
councillor of Patna Municipal Corporation (PMC), at RajapurPul
on West Boring Canal Road in the capital on Monday, city
superintendent of police Kim said.
While Prabha Devi escaped unhurt, her brother-in-law
sustained gunshot injuries, the police said.
The incident occurred when Prabha Devi along with her
brother-in-law Ashutosh Kumar was going to inspect her plot in
the locality. Some gunmen reached there and fired at them,
the police said.
Police soon arrived on the spot and shifted Ashutosh to
Patna medical college and hospital (PMCH).
Angry locals gathered on the spot and set ablaze three
Raids were being carried out in the area to nab the
attackers, Kim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital