Patna`s own Marine Drive project set to take off
Patna: Eight construction companies, including Gammon, Nagarjun and Reliance, have shown keenness to construct the proposed 40-km driveway along the banks of the Ganga river in Patna modelled on Mumbai`s Marine Drive, officials said on Sunday.
Eight companies have submitted quotations for the Rs 2,234.46 crore project, said an official of the Bihar State Road Development Corporation Ltd.
Bihar Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav told a news agency here that the government would select the company by June.
"We hope to start construction work by next year and the project would be completed by 2016," he said.
Last year, the union finance ministry and the Planning Commission cleared the project.
In the first phase, the driveway will connect Digha and Didarganj, a stretch of 21 km, and in the second phase, it will go to Fatuha, a distance of 18 km. About seven km of the road will run on an elevated platform.
Indira Gandhi, then prime minister, had first proposed such a driveway in Patna, said a retired engineer associated with construction of the Mahatma Gandhi Setu here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it