Patna`s `Super30` crack IIT-JEE exam again
Patna: All the 30 students of Super 30,
Bihar`s free coaching centre for poor students here, cracked
IIT-JEE this year.
"All the 30 students have cleared IIT-JEE," Anand
Kumar, the institute`s director-cum-founder said at a press
conference on Wednesday.
It is a matter of great pleasure as we have achieved
it again, he said, adding that since the inception of the
coaching centre in 2002, a total of 212 students have cleared
IIT-JEE examination, which is considered as one of the
toughest examinations in the world.
Kumar said the students hail from very poor families
and commit themselves to a year of 16-hour study each day
after passing a competitive test to get into the coaching
"Now we will try to arrange loans for the education of
the poor students who qualified for IITs," he said.
Kumar, who himself missed a chance to study at
Cambridge due to lack of money, gives full scholarships
including room and travel to the students.
When contacted Shubham Kumar Gautam from Nalanda,
whose father is a poor farmer with income less than Rs 2500
per month, said he would not have been able to qualify for
IIT had Super 30 not helped him.
The institute figured in Best of Asia list of Time
magazine a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now