Patna`s `Super30` crack IIT-JEE exam again
Patna: All the 30 students of Super 30,
Bihar`s free coaching centre for poor students here, cracked
IIT-JEE this year.
"All the 30 students have cleared IIT-JEE," Anand
Kumar, the institute`s director-cum-founder said at a press
conference on Wednesday.
It is a matter of great pleasure as we have achieved
it again, he said, adding that since the inception of the
coaching centre in 2002, a total of 212 students have cleared
IIT-JEE examination, which is considered as one of the
toughest examinations in the world.
Kumar said the students hail from very poor families
and commit themselves to a year of 16-hour study each day
after passing a competitive test to get into the coaching
"Now we will try to arrange loans for the education of
the poor students who qualified for IITs," he said.
Kumar, who himself missed a chance to study at
Cambridge due to lack of money, gives full scholarships
including room and travel to the students.
When contacted Shubham Kumar Gautam from Nalanda,
whose father is a poor farmer with income less than Rs 2500
per month, said he would not have been able to qualify for
IIT had Super 30 not helped him.
The institute figured in Best of Asia list of Time
magazine a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez