Patna`s `Super30` crack IIT-JEE exam again
Patna: All the 30 students of Super 30,
Bihar`s free coaching centre for poor students here, cracked
IIT-JEE this year.
"All the 30 students have cleared IIT-JEE," Anand
Kumar, the institute`s director-cum-founder said at a press
conference on Wednesday.
It is a matter of great pleasure as we have achieved
it again, he said, adding that since the inception of the
coaching centre in 2002, a total of 212 students have cleared
IIT-JEE examination, which is considered as one of the
toughest examinations in the world.
Kumar said the students hail from very poor families
and commit themselves to a year of 16-hour study each day
after passing a competitive test to get into the coaching
"Now we will try to arrange loans for the education of
the poor students who qualified for IITs," he said.
Kumar, who himself missed a chance to study at
Cambridge due to lack of money, gives full scholarships
including room and travel to the students.
When contacted Shubham Kumar Gautam from Nalanda,
whose father is a poor farmer with income less than Rs 2500
per month, said he would not have been able to qualify for
IIT had Super 30 not helped him.
The institute figured in Best of Asia list of Time
magazine a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'