Patna`s `Super30` crack IIT-JEE exam again
Patna: All the 30 students of Super 30,
Bihar`s free coaching centre for poor students here, cracked
IIT-JEE this year.
"All the 30 students have cleared IIT-JEE," Anand
Kumar, the institute`s director-cum-founder said at a press
conference on Wednesday.
It is a matter of great pleasure as we have achieved
it again, he said, adding that since the inception of the
coaching centre in 2002, a total of 212 students have cleared
IIT-JEE examination, which is considered as one of the
toughest examinations in the world.
Kumar said the students hail from very poor families
and commit themselves to a year of 16-hour study each day
after passing a competitive test to get into the coaching
"Now we will try to arrange loans for the education of
the poor students who qualified for IITs," he said.
Kumar, who himself missed a chance to study at
Cambridge due to lack of money, gives full scholarships
including room and travel to the students.
When contacted Shubham Kumar Gautam from Nalanda,
whose father is a poor farmer with income less than Rs 2500
per month, said he would not have been able to qualify for
IIT had Super 30 not helped him.
The institute figured in Best of Asia list of Time
magazine a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends