Patrolman run over, Rajdhani Express, other trains stranded
Kolkata: At least five trains, including Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani, were stranded for over three hours on Saturday as locals squatted on the tracks after a Railways patrolman was run over and killed near Mankatha station in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district.
Public Relation Officer of ECR Danapur division R K Singh told PTI the Railways patrolman was run over and killed by a goods train near Mankatha station while he was on track inspection duty this morning.
The deceased railway employee was identified as 42-year-old Ramsevak Mandal, a native of Jawaish village of Lakhisarai district.
The agitation at Mankatha in Kiul-Mokama section of Danapur division of East Central Railway started at around 7 AM to demand an over bridge at the station, Railways sources said.
As locals squatted on railway tracks, many trains including the 2306 New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express was stranded at Barhiya station.
2024 Patna-Howrah Janshatabdi and Himgiri Express were among trains held up in different stations in Danapur division, officials said.
The agitation was withdrawn and train services resumed around 11.30 AM with the intervention of the district administration, Singh said.
Students going to appear in Intermediate examination that started today had a harrowing time due to disruption of trains movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister