Patrolman run over, Rajdhani Express, other trains stranded
Kolkata: At least five trains, including Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani, were stranded for over three hours on Saturday as locals squatted on the tracks after a Railways patrolman was run over and killed near Mankatha station in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district.
Public Relation Officer of ECR Danapur division R K Singh told PTI the Railways patrolman was run over and killed by a goods train near Mankatha station while he was on track inspection duty this morning.
The deceased railway employee was identified as 42-year-old Ramsevak Mandal, a native of Jawaish village of Lakhisarai district.
The agitation at Mankatha in Kiul-Mokama section of Danapur division of East Central Railway started at around 7 AM to demand an over bridge at the station, Railways sources said.
As locals squatted on railway tracks, many trains including the 2306 New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express was stranded at Barhiya station.
2024 Patna-Howrah Janshatabdi and Himgiri Express were among trains held up in different stations in Danapur division, officials said.
The agitation was withdrawn and train services resumed around 11.30 AM with the intervention of the district administration, Singh said.
Students going to appear in Intermediate examination that started today had a harrowing time due to disruption of trains movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof