PC Gupta used influence to get coal block: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday alleged that former Union minister and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta had used his influence with UPA-1 government to get a coal block allotted to his son`s infrastructure company.
"The screening committee had cleared the proposed coal blocks allotment to various companies way back in 2007 when Gupta was a minister in the UPA-1 government... It is obvious that he had used his influence and RJD`s support to the Centre to get the coal block allotted to his son`s infrastructure company," Modi told reporters here.
He flayed Gupta for claiming that he had no stakes in his son`s company and said the information gathered from SEBI`s website proved that Gupta had 49.5 percent stakes in his son`s company.
In his 14-point poser a day after Gupta had trashed his charges against him, Modi alleged that Gupta had intentionally not mentioned details of his nationality and passport in the relevant column while filing the annual return of his company M/S Gupta International Investment Company Ltd in Hong Kong and wrote `non-applicable`.
"What was the need for Gupta to write non-applicable instead of just furnishing details of his nationality and passport?" Modi asked and said there was `something fishy` in the RJD leader`s conduct.
He also asked RJD supremo Lalu Prasad to break his silence on the conduct of his aide and party colleague and speak out whether he had not allowed Gupta to take away benefits in lieu of the party`s support to the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in