PC Gupta used influence to get coal block: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday alleged that former Union minister and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta had used his influence with UPA-1 government to get a coal block allotted to his son`s infrastructure company.
"The screening committee had cleared the proposed coal blocks allotment to various companies way back in 2007 when Gupta was a minister in the UPA-1 government... It is obvious that he had used his influence and RJD`s support to the Centre to get the coal block allotted to his son`s infrastructure company," Modi told reporters here.
He flayed Gupta for claiming that he had no stakes in his son`s company and said the information gathered from SEBI`s website proved that Gupta had 49.5 percent stakes in his son`s company.
In his 14-point poser a day after Gupta had trashed his charges against him, Modi alleged that Gupta had intentionally not mentioned details of his nationality and passport in the relevant column while filing the annual return of his company M/S Gupta International Investment Company Ltd in Hong Kong and wrote `non-applicable`.
"What was the need for Gupta to write non-applicable instead of just furnishing details of his nationality and passport?" Modi asked and said there was `something fishy` in the RJD leader`s conduct.
He also asked RJD supremo Lalu Prasad to break his silence on the conduct of his aide and party colleague and speak out whether he had not allowed Gupta to take away benefits in lieu of the party`s support to the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister