PC Gupta used influence to get coal block: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday alleged that former Union minister and RJD leader Prem Chand Gupta had used his influence with UPA-1 government to get a coal block allotted to his son`s infrastructure company.
"The screening committee had cleared the proposed coal blocks allotment to various companies way back in 2007 when Gupta was a minister in the UPA-1 government... It is obvious that he had used his influence and RJD`s support to the Centre to get the coal block allotted to his son`s infrastructure company," Modi told reporters here.
He flayed Gupta for claiming that he had no stakes in his son`s company and said the information gathered from SEBI`s website proved that Gupta had 49.5 percent stakes in his son`s company.
In his 14-point poser a day after Gupta had trashed his charges against him, Modi alleged that Gupta had intentionally not mentioned details of his nationality and passport in the relevant column while filing the annual return of his company M/S Gupta International Investment Company Ltd in Hong Kong and wrote `non-applicable`.
"What was the need for Gupta to write non-applicable instead of just furnishing details of his nationality and passport?" Modi asked and said there was `something fishy` in the RJD leader`s conduct.
He also asked RJD supremo Lalu Prasad to break his silence on the conduct of his aide and party colleague and speak out whether he had not allowed Gupta to take away benefits in lieu of the party`s support to the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon