Pending rail projects in Bihar to be completed: Muniyappa
Patna: Denying neglect of Bihar after departure of Lalu Prasad from Railway ministry, Minister of State for Railway K H Muniyappa on Sunday said the pending projects in the state would be completed on time at a cost of Rs 40,000 crore in the 12th Five Year Plan period.
"A sum of Rs 40,000 crore has been earmarked for Railway construction works in Bihar in the 12th Five Year Plan," he told reporters here.
Muniyappa rubbished that Bihar is being neglected after departure of Lalu Prasad from the ministry. Prasad was Union Railway minister in the UPA-I government.
"This is not true," Muniyappa said.
He said the Rail wheel factory in Prasad`s Parliamentary constituency of Chapra, which is his pet project, is ready for inauguration.
In addition, Rail projects in Sonepur, Harnaut, Samastipur and Patliputra station in Patna are also ready to start functioning, he said.
He said work on railway bridges in Patna, Digha and Munger would be completed through allocation of appropriate fund. Bihar state government would be bearing 46 per cent cost of these bridges while the share of the Centre is 54 per cent. Work would start after allocation of money in 2013, he said.
On the question of giving railway land to Bihar government in between Patna and Digha, he said a solution to this would be found soon.
The Rail MOS said A, B and C grade stations would be modernised.
Earlier, the minister reviewed functioning of East Central Railway zone by holding meeting of officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?