Pension scheme launched for contractual teachers
Patna: The state government on Wednesday launched a pension scheme for over 2.5 lakh contractual teachers in Bihar with prospective effect from January, 2013.
Under the pension scheme to be managed by the asset management company - Unit Trust of India (UTI), the contractual teachers will have to contribute Rs 200 per month with the state government chipping in with equal contribution in pension account of the beneficiary.
An agreement was signed in this regard between the UTI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Imtiyazul Rahman and the Director (Primary Education) Ashutosh in the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s presence at a function on the Teachers` Day.
The contractual teachers will be eligible to receive pension only upon superannuation from service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj