Pension scheme launched for contractual teachers
Patna: The state government on Wednesday launched a pension scheme for over 2.5 lakh contractual teachers in Bihar with prospective effect from January, 2013.
Under the pension scheme to be managed by the asset management company - Unit Trust of India (UTI), the contractual teachers will have to contribute Rs 200 per month with the state government chipping in with equal contribution in pension account of the beneficiary.
An agreement was signed in this regard between the UTI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Imtiyazul Rahman and the Director (Primary Education) Ashutosh in the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s presence at a function on the Teachers` Day.
The contractual teachers will be eligible to receive pension only upon superannuation from service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what