Pension scheme launched for contractual teachers
Patna: The state government on Wednesday launched a pension scheme for over 2.5 lakh contractual teachers in Bihar with prospective effect from January, 2013.
Under the pension scheme to be managed by the asset management company - Unit Trust of India (UTI), the contractual teachers will have to contribute Rs 200 per month with the state government chipping in with equal contribution in pension account of the beneficiary.
An agreement was signed in this regard between the UTI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Imtiyazul Rahman and the Director (Primary Education) Ashutosh in the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s presence at a function on the Teachers` Day.
The contractual teachers will be eligible to receive pension only upon superannuation from service.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'