People fear `jungle raj` return after JD(U)-RJD tie up: BJP
Patna: In a strong retort to senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar who said BJP was scared over a probable tie up between his party and RJD, the BJP on Friday said not them, but people are afraid over prospects of such an alliance.
"BJP is not scared... But the prospects of this alliance has generated fear among citizens who feel the `jungle raj` might return," senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi told reporters here.
Seeking to turn the tables on his former NDA companion, Sushil Modi, who is the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, said Nitish Kumar has made compromises with Lalu Prasad against whom he fought for nearly two decades, out of fear of the BJP.
Taking a jibe at Kumar, he suggested him to rechristen his party as "Rashtriya Janata Dal (United)".
Kumar had yesterday criticised the BJP saying it was "gripped with fear" over a probable tie-up between his party and Lalu Prasad`s RJD even though no decision had been taken yet.
The former Bihar Chief Minister had recently favoured a grand alliance between the JD(U), RJD, Congress and the Left against the BJP in next year`s Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA