Petrol, liquor to become costlier in Bihar
Patna: Liquor, tobacco products (except biddi) and petrol would become costlier in Bihar with the state government deciding to impose additional tax on these items.
Decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of state Cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The Bihar Cabinet took a decision to impose an additional 10 percent tax on petrol, Principal Secretary, Cabinet Coordination Committee Brajesh Mahrotra told reporters.
The meeting decided to impose an additional 15 percent tax on tobacco products (except biddi), country liquor, portable spirit, imported on indigenously manufactured liquor, Mahrotra said while briefing about the cabinet decisions.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has on several occasions spoken against liquor trade and stressed to discourage its consumption by making it costly.
In other major decisions, the Bihar Cabinet gave green signal to construction of 26,730 flats under PPP mode. These flats consisting of one bedroom to four bedrooms would be constructed in Patna and other cities like Gaya and Muzaffarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership