PIL for CBI probe into BIADA irregularities
Patna: A PIL was on Thursday filed in the Patna High Court seeking a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in allotment of land by the Bihar Industrial Area Development
Authority (BIADA) to relatives of state ministers and bureaucrats in Bihar.
Satish Paswan, former RJD MLA, in his PIL pleaded that the court set aside the allotment of land to influential persons which, he alleged, had been made ignoring settled norms.
Paswan annexed several news clippings in support of his PIL that highlighted irregularities that had allegedly taken place in allotment of BIADA plots.
He has impleaded Bihar government and BIADA as respondent parties.
The PIL is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
Chief Secretary Anup Mukherjee had recently held thorough review of the allotment process and given a clean chit to relatives of the state ministers and bureaucrats.
"The allotment of plots by BIADA has been made in keeping with settled norms," Mukherjee in his 18-page report to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said.
Opposition parties - RJD, LJP and Congress – have recently petitioned the Governor Devanand Konwar seeking a CBI probe into the alleged illegal allotment of land to the kins of state ministers and bureaucrats under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie