Plan panel to hear views of five states on 12th 5-year plan
Patna: Planning Commission Deputy
Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia on Sunday said that the plan
panel would hear the views of five participating states on the
12th five-year plan at the two-day meeting beginning here on Monday.
"The Planning Commission will hear the views of Bihar,
Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, West Bengal and Orissa ahead of
finalization of the 12th five-year plan", Ahluwalia told
reporters at the Jai Prakash Narayan Airport here on his
arrival from New Delhi.
On the demand being made by the Bihar Government for
according it a special status to give thrust to development,
Ahluwalia said that the issue was not Bihar-centric as several
states were demanding special packages from the Centre.
Ahluwalia refused to comment on a question whether the
special status demand would be discussed during the two-day
conclave to discuss the approach paper for the 12th plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video