Plan panel to hear views of five states on 12th 5-year plan
Patna: Planning Commission Deputy
Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia on Sunday said that the plan
panel would hear the views of five participating states on the
12th five-year plan at the two-day meeting beginning here on Monday.
"The Planning Commission will hear the views of Bihar,
Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, West Bengal and Orissa ahead of
finalization of the 12th five-year plan", Ahluwalia told
reporters at the Jai Prakash Narayan Airport here on his
arrival from New Delhi.
On the demand being made by the Bihar Government for
according it a special status to give thrust to development,
Ahluwalia said that the issue was not Bihar-centric as several
states were demanding special packages from the Centre.
Ahluwalia refused to comment on a question whether the
special status demand would be discussed during the two-day
conclave to discuss the approach paper for the 12th plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi