Plan panel to hear views of five states on 12th 5-year plan
Patna: Planning Commission Deputy
Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia on Sunday said that the plan
panel would hear the views of five participating states on the
12th five-year plan at the two-day meeting beginning here on Monday.
"The Planning Commission will hear the views of Bihar,
Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, West Bengal and Orissa ahead of
finalization of the 12th five-year plan", Ahluwalia told
reporters at the Jai Prakash Narayan Airport here on his
arrival from New Delhi.
On the demand being made by the Bihar Government for
according it a special status to give thrust to development,
Ahluwalia said that the issue was not Bihar-centric as several
states were demanding special packages from the Centre.
Ahluwalia refused to comment on a question whether the
special status demand would be discussed during the two-day
conclave to discuss the approach paper for the 12th plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore