PLFI ultra injured, four extremists arrested in Jharkhand
Ranchi: One Peoples Liberation Front of
India (PLFI) ultra was injured and four Maoists were arrested
at Ramgarh and Lohardaga districts of Jharkhand today, the
A PLFI ultra was injured in a gunfight with security
forces at Jamtakemtoli village in Gumla. The forces faced
gunfire by the outfit when they were returning after
patrolling duty, district superintendent of police N K Singh
The ultra, however, fled along with his associates
into the forests, he said adding a country-made pistol and
some bullets were recovered from the spot.
Lohardaga police superintendent Subodh Prasad said the
security forces following a tip-off apprehended the
self-styled Maoist `deputy commander` Bimal Nagesia at a place
Nagesia, who was allegedly involved in at least 30
Maoist-related case, was allegedly plotting to blow up a rest
house at Netarhat, the SP claimed.
Ramgarh superintendent of police Anup T Mathew told
PTI that three ultras of Jharkhand Prastui Committee were
arrested from Bhurkunda area.
A pistol, some bullets, uniform and a letter-head of
the JPC demanding extortion from a businessman in Ramgarh were
seized from th three, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere