PLFI ultra injured, four extremists arrested in Jharkhand
Ranchi: One Peoples Liberation Front of
India (PLFI) ultra was injured and four Maoists were arrested
at Ramgarh and Lohardaga districts of Jharkhand today, the
A PLFI ultra was injured in a gunfight with security
forces at Jamtakemtoli village in Gumla. The forces faced
gunfire by the outfit when they were returning after
patrolling duty, district superintendent of police N K Singh
The ultra, however, fled along with his associates
into the forests, he said adding a country-made pistol and
some bullets were recovered from the spot.
Lohardaga police superintendent Subodh Prasad said the
security forces following a tip-off apprehended the
self-styled Maoist `deputy commander` Bimal Nagesia at a place
Nagesia, who was allegedly involved in at least 30
Maoist-related case, was allegedly plotting to blow up a rest
house at Netarhat, the SP claimed.
Ramgarh superintendent of police Anup T Mathew told
PTI that three ultras of Jharkhand Prastui Committee were
arrested from Bhurkunda area.
A pistol, some bullets, uniform and a letter-head of
the JPC demanding extortion from a businessman in Ramgarh were
seized from th three, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply