PLFI ultra injured, four extremists arrested in Jharkhand
Ranchi: One Peoples Liberation Front of
India (PLFI) ultra was injured and four Maoists were arrested
at Ramgarh and Lohardaga districts of Jharkhand today, the
A PLFI ultra was injured in a gunfight with security
forces at Jamtakemtoli village in Gumla. The forces faced
gunfire by the outfit when they were returning after
patrolling duty, district superintendent of police N K Singh
The ultra, however, fled along with his associates
into the forests, he said adding a country-made pistol and
some bullets were recovered from the spot.
Lohardaga police superintendent Subodh Prasad said the
security forces following a tip-off apprehended the
self-styled Maoist `deputy commander` Bimal Nagesia at a place
Nagesia, who was allegedly involved in at least 30
Maoist-related case, was allegedly plotting to blow up a rest
house at Netarhat, the SP claimed.
Ramgarh superintendent of police Anup T Mathew told
PTI that three ultras of Jharkhand Prastui Committee were
arrested from Bhurkunda area.
A pistol, some bullets, uniform and a letter-head of
the JPC demanding extortion from a businessman in Ramgarh were
seized from th three, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack