PM be brought under Lokpal: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
on Tuesday said that Prime Minister should be brought under the
purview of Lokpal but only under some conditions.
"I personally believe that PM should be brought within
the purview of the Lokpal under specific conditions. Former
Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee too has supported it
earlier," Modi told reporters.
He, however, added that his party had sought the draft
for the Lokpal bill. "It will give its views on the
issue after that."
"It should also be kept in mind that the proposed
legislation is not misused while bringing PM under its ambit,"
"It is the demand of common people to bring PM within the
ambit of Lokpal," Modi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore