PM be brought under Lokpal: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
on Tuesday said that Prime Minister should be brought under the
purview of Lokpal but only under some conditions.
"I personally believe that PM should be brought within
the purview of the Lokpal under specific conditions. Former
Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee too has supported it
earlier," Modi told reporters.
He, however, added that his party had sought the draft
for the Lokpal bill. "It will give its views on the
issue after that."
"It should also be kept in mind that the proposed
legislation is not misused while bringing PM under its ambit,"
"It is the demand of common people to bring PM within the
ambit of Lokpal," Modi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO
- Russia facing Rio Olympic, Paralympic ban