PM be brought under Lokpal: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
on Tuesday said that Prime Minister should be brought under the
purview of Lokpal but only under some conditions.
"I personally believe that PM should be brought within
the purview of the Lokpal under specific conditions. Former
Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee too has supported it
earlier," Modi told reporters.
He, however, added that his party had sought the draft
for the Lokpal bill. "It will give its views on the
issue after that."
"It should also be kept in mind that the proposed
legislation is not misused while bringing PM under its ambit,"
"It is the demand of common people to bring PM within the
ambit of Lokpal," Modi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users