PM be brought under Lokpal: Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister SK Modi
on Tuesday said that Prime Minister should be brought under the
purview of Lokpal but only under some conditions.
"I personally believe that PM should be brought within
the purview of the Lokpal under specific conditions. Former
Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee too has supported it
earlier," Modi told reporters.
He, however, added that his party had sought the draft
for the Lokpal bill. "It will give its views on the
issue after that."
"It should also be kept in mind that the proposed
legislation is not misused while bringing PM under its ambit,"
"It is the demand of common people to bring PM within the
ambit of Lokpal," Modi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180