PM does not have time to hear public problems: Nitish
Patna: Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for notifying 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he has `neither time nor interest to hear the grievances of the people`.
"The PM is not bothered about the problems of the people and so he is not able to spare time or have interest to hear their grievances even as he is keen to keep up his image in the foreign media," he said in a press release after his weekly Janata Durbar for NDA workers.
"Singh has taken a number of anti-people decisions like FDI in multi-brand retail, diesel price hike and rationing of subsidized LPG cylinders as part of the image makeover strategy in foreign media in the aftermath of reports that described him as an under-achiever."
Kumar said FDI in mutli-brand retail would have `catastrophic impact` on crores of domestic traders whose business and livelihood would be jeopardized once foreign retailers set up their establishments in the country.
There would be large-scale unemployment and the precious capital of the nation would be taken away by the foreign retailers to their respective countries.
The chief minister also slammed the opposition parties in Bihar for fomenting strife and disharmony in the society.
"It appears that the political adversaries are not able to digest peaceful law and order situation and communal harmony prevailing in the state due to the efforts of the NDA government," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray