PM equally responsible for Bihar`s plight: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday accused
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress of being
equally responsible for Bihar`s plight.
"PM and the Congress are equally responsible for the
state`s backwardness," Prasad told reporters while sharply
reacting to Singh`s statement earlier in the day in Narpatganj
holding successive governments during the past 20
years responsible for the state`s plight.
"Singh should know that the Congress has been in power
in Bihar and other states for a pretty long period. If the
development has not taken place it is because of party the PM
represents," he said.
Prasad also accused Nitish Kumar government of "abject
failure" to utilise the central funds for the state`s
"The Nitish government miserably failed to reach the
fruits of benefits of the funds provided by the Centre for the
people," he claimed.
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan said the Congress should
admit the fact that it was also a party to Bihar`s
backwardness and poverty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata