PM equally responsible for Bihar`s plight: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday accused
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress of being
equally responsible for Bihar`s plight.
"PM and the Congress are equally responsible for the
state`s backwardness," Prasad told reporters while sharply
reacting to Singh`s statement earlier in the day in Narpatganj
holding successive governments during the past 20
years responsible for the state`s plight.
"Singh should know that the Congress has been in power
in Bihar and other states for a pretty long period. If the
development has not taken place it is because of party the PM
represents," he said.
Prasad also accused Nitish Kumar government of "abject
failure" to utilise the central funds for the state`s
"The Nitish government miserably failed to reach the
fruits of benefits of the funds provided by the Centre for the
people," he claimed.
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan said the Congress should
admit the fact that it was also a party to Bihar`s
backwardness and poverty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!