PM equally responsible for Bihar`s plight: Lalu
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday accused
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress of being
equally responsible for Bihar`s plight.
"PM and the Congress are equally responsible for the
state`s backwardness," Prasad told reporters while sharply
reacting to Singh`s statement earlier in the day in Narpatganj
holding successive governments during the past 20
years responsible for the state`s plight.
"Singh should know that the Congress has been in power
in Bihar and other states for a pretty long period. If the
development has not taken place it is because of party the PM
represents," he said.
Prasad also accused Nitish Kumar government of "abject
failure" to utilise the central funds for the state`s
"The Nitish government miserably failed to reach the
fruits of benefits of the funds provided by the Centre for the
people," he claimed.
LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan said the Congress should
admit the fact that it was also a party to Bihar`s
backwardness and poverty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday