PM Modi condoles deaths in Bihar train-auto collision
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed his condolences over the death of 20 persons on Monday in a train accident in Bihar.
"The PM extends his deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the accident in East Champaran district, Bihar.
"The PM is saddened by the loss of lives due to the autorickshaw-express train accident," the PMO said in a tweet.
Twenty persons, including eight children, were killed when an express train rammed into a packed autorickshaw at a railway crossing between Semra and Sugauli stations in East Champaran district.
The mishap took place at a manned railway crossing in Chinauta village when the Dehradun-bound Rapti-Ganga Express hit the autorickshaw at full speed, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees