PM Modi condoles deaths in Bihar train-auto collision
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed his condolences over the death of 20 persons on Monday in a train accident in Bihar.
"The PM extends his deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the accident in East Champaran district, Bihar.
"The PM is saddened by the loss of lives due to the autorickshaw-express train accident," the PMO said in a tweet.
Twenty persons, including eight children, were killed when an express train rammed into a packed autorickshaw at a railway crossing between Semra and Sugauli stations in East Champaran district.
The mishap took place at a manned railway crossing in Chinauta village when the Dehradun-bound Rapti-Ganga Express hit the autorickshaw at full speed, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir