PM Modi condoles deaths in Bihar train-auto collision
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed his condolences over the death of 20 persons on Monday in a train accident in Bihar.
"The PM extends his deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the accident in East Champaran district, Bihar.
"The PM is saddened by the loss of lives due to the autorickshaw-express train accident," the PMO said in a tweet.
Twenty persons, including eight children, were killed when an express train rammed into a packed autorickshaw at a railway crossing between Semra and Sugauli stations in East Champaran district.
The mishap took place at a manned railway crossing in Chinauta village when the Dehradun-bound Rapti-Ganga Express hit the autorickshaw at full speed, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II