PMCH principal held on sexual harassment complaint
Patna: The principal of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) Amarkant Jha Amar has been detained after a sexual harassment charge was levelled against him by a patient.
"Amar has been detained since late last (Tuesday) night at Pirbahore Police Station and questioned regarding the complaint of a female patient," Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj told PTI.
A complaint has been registered against him on the basis of the woman`s statement, he said.
The complainant alleged that Amar, a skin specialist, sexually harassed her when she visited his private clinic at his residence at Makhaniakuan area for treatment.
Alleging sexual harassment, the woman had protested outside his clinic last night following which a crowd assembled and the police was called.
The 24-year old patient hails from Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
Amar was the Superintendent of the prestigious PMCH before being made its Principal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor