PMCH principal held on sexual harassment complaint
Patna: The principal of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) Amarkant Jha Amar has been detained after a sexual harassment charge was levelled against him by a patient.
"Amar has been detained since late last (Tuesday) night at Pirbahore Police Station and questioned regarding the complaint of a female patient," Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj told PTI.
A complaint has been registered against him on the basis of the woman`s statement, he said.
The complainant alleged that Amar, a skin specialist, sexually harassed her when she visited his private clinic at his residence at Makhaniakuan area for treatment.
Alleging sexual harassment, the woman had protested outside his clinic last night following which a crowd assembled and the police was called.
The 24-year old patient hails from Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
Amar was the Superintendent of the prestigious PMCH before being made its Principal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best