PMCH principal held on sexual harassment complaint
Patna: The principal of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) Amarkant Jha Amar has been detained after a sexual harassment charge was levelled against him by a patient.
"Amar has been detained since late last (Tuesday) night at Pirbahore Police Station and questioned regarding the complaint of a female patient," Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj told PTI.
A complaint has been registered against him on the basis of the woman`s statement, he said.
The complainant alleged that Amar, a skin specialist, sexually harassed her when she visited his private clinic at his residence at Makhaniakuan area for treatment.
Alleging sexual harassment, the woman had protested outside his clinic last night following which a crowd assembled and the police was called.
The 24-year old patient hails from Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
Amar was the Superintendent of the prestigious PMCH before being made its Principal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment