PMCH principal held on sexual harassment complaint
Patna: The principal of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) Amarkant Jha Amar has been detained after a sexual harassment charge was levelled against him by a patient.
"Amar has been detained since late last (Tuesday) night at Pirbahore Police Station and questioned regarding the complaint of a female patient," Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj told PTI.
A complaint has been registered against him on the basis of the woman`s statement, he said.
The complainant alleged that Amar, a skin specialist, sexually harassed her when she visited his private clinic at his residence at Makhaniakuan area for treatment.
Alleging sexual harassment, the woman had protested outside his clinic last night following which a crowd assembled and the police was called.
The 24-year old patient hails from Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
Amar was the Superintendent of the prestigious PMCH before being made its Principal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble