PMCH principal held on sexual harassment complaint
Patna: The principal of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) Amarkant Jha Amar has been detained after a sexual harassment charge was levelled against him by a patient.
"Amar has been detained since late last (Tuesday) night at Pirbahore Police Station and questioned regarding the complaint of a female patient," Senior Superintendent of Police, Patna, Manu Maharaj told PTI.
A complaint has been registered against him on the basis of the woman`s statement, he said.
The complainant alleged that Amar, a skin specialist, sexually harassed her when she visited his private clinic at his residence at Makhaniakuan area for treatment.
Alleging sexual harassment, the woman had protested outside his clinic last night following which a crowd assembled and the police was called.
The 24-year old patient hails from Sahebganj in Jharkhand.
Amar was the Superintendent of the prestigious PMCH before being made its Principal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya