Police arrest five Maoists from Gaya
Gaya: Acting on a tip off, police and security forces in Gaya nabbed five Maoists and recovered arms from the rebels.
Earlier this month, a joint team of the Bihar police and paramilitary forces had seized a large quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Jamui district.
"In a combined operation of the Gaya police and paramilitary forces, we gained success and nabbed five hardcore Maoists from various places in Gaya district," said Nishant Tiwari, Senior Superintendent of Police.
The Maoists, who say they are fighting for the rights of the poor and landless, control some of the mineral-rich areas of the country and operate in large swathes of the eastern, central and southern areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump