Police arrest five Maoists from Gaya
Gaya: Acting on a tip off, police and security forces in Gaya nabbed five Maoists and recovered arms from the rebels.
Earlier this month, a joint team of the Bihar police and paramilitary forces had seized a large quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Jamui district.
"In a combined operation of the Gaya police and paramilitary forces, we gained success and nabbed five hardcore Maoists from various places in Gaya district," said Nishant Tiwari, Senior Superintendent of Police.
The Maoists, who say they are fighting for the rights of the poor and landless, control some of the mineral-rich areas of the country and operate in large swathes of the eastern, central and southern areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das