Police arrest five Maoists from Gaya
Gaya: Acting on a tip off, police and security forces in Gaya nabbed five Maoists and recovered arms from the rebels.
Earlier this month, a joint team of the Bihar police and paramilitary forces had seized a large quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Jamui district.
"In a combined operation of the Gaya police and paramilitary forces, we gained success and nabbed five hardcore Maoists from various places in Gaya district," said Nishant Tiwari, Senior Superintendent of Police.
The Maoists, who say they are fighting for the rights of the poor and landless, control some of the mineral-rich areas of the country and operate in large swathes of the eastern, central and southern areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat