Police arrest five Maoists from Gaya
Gaya: Acting on a tip off, police and security forces in Gaya nabbed five Maoists and recovered arms from the rebels.
Earlier this month, a joint team of the Bihar police and paramilitary forces had seized a large quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Jamui district.
"In a combined operation of the Gaya police and paramilitary forces, we gained success and nabbed five hardcore Maoists from various places in Gaya district," said Nishant Tiwari, Senior Superintendent of Police.
The Maoists, who say they are fighting for the rights of the poor and landless, control some of the mineral-rich areas of the country and operate in large swathes of the eastern, central and southern areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon