Police firing: Judicial probe ordered, DDM, SP transferred
Patna: Acting strictly after the police firing on protesting students in Bihar`s Madhubani district, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday transferred the district magistrate and SP besides ordering a judicial probe.
Presiding over a high-level review meeting with DGP Abhayanand, Principal Secretary (home) Amin Subhani and other senior police and civil officials, Kumar ordered the judicial probe that will also find out the justification and circumstances in which the police fired on the protesters, an official spokesman said.
Kumar also ordered transfer of Madhubani district magistrate Adhesh Titiremare and SP Saurabh Kumar and directed the Additional Secretary (Panchayati Raj) Lokesh Kumar Singh to take over the charge as Madhubani DM, he said.
Kumar ordered the Kishanganj SP Ranjit Kumar Mishra who rushed to Madhubani and take over charge as the SP.
He also ordered transfer of district project officer (education) Jagathpathi Choudhary to the headquarter at Patna.
He directed the DGP and the Principal secretary (Home) to monitor the situation in Madhubani and ensure measures to restore law and order situation in the district at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB