Police jeep driver killed in Bhagalpur, 2 cops injured
Bhagalpur : The driver of a mobile police jeep was killed and two policemen were seriously injured in a mishap near Makanpur chowk in Bihar`s Navgachhia police district on Thursday, according to a police officer.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Shekhar Kumar said that a mobile police jeep with three cops rammed into a stationary tractor after the driver Md. Ahsad Ahmed dozed off resulting in serious injuries to all three.
The injured policemen were brought to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Hospital where the attending doctors declared Ahmed as brought, he said.
The condition of two injured cops, one of whom identified as Inspector Ramvijay Singh, was stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs