Police lathicharge Bihar Youth Congress march
Patna: Six Bihar Youth Congress workers were injured in a police lathi charge during an agitation to gherao the Assembly to protest the `failure` of the Nitish Kumar government.
The police swung into action after hundreds of YC
workers led by their president Lalan Kumar marched from Gandhi
Maidan to R block roundabout and tried to break the barricade
to gherao the house.
Official sources said six YC workers were injured and
Claiming that the YC programme was `peaceful and
democratic`, Kumar said the police action was unwarranted and
that over 50 YC workers were injured.
Kumar termed as draconian the Digha Acquired Land
settlement scheme and Digha Acquired Land rules and demanded
that the rules be scrapped.
The scheme provided for regularisation of
unauthorised colonies that had come up on the 1,024 acres of
land acquired in 1972 by the Bihar State Housing Board at
"We have decided to intensify the stir for ouster of
the Nitish Kumar government which has failed on all fronts,"
The agitation was also organised to protest alleged
corruption in MNREGA and to demand a CBI probe into alleged
irregularities in plots by the Bihar Industrial Area
Development Authority, Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory