Police officer held hostage by people after murder
Begusarai: Begusarai district deputy
superintendent of police Kamini Bala is being held hostage by
locals angry over the late arrival of police after the killing
of a trader here.
Police said Bala had gone to Bakhra chowk, where the
28 year-old trader was stabbed to death by miscreants in front
of his shop last night, to clear the road blocked by the
locals this morning.
District Magistrate Jitendra Srivastava and senior
district police officials have rushed to the spot and are
negotiating with the protesters to secure Bala`s release.
The protesters also damaged several vehicles at the
spot, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living