Police officer held hostage by people after murder
Begusarai: Begusarai district deputy
superintendent of police Kamini Bala is being held hostage by
locals angry over the late arrival of police after the killing
of a trader here.
Police said Bala had gone to Bakhra chowk, where the
28 year-old trader was stabbed to death by miscreants in front
of his shop last night, to clear the road blocked by the
locals this morning.
District Magistrate Jitendra Srivastava and senior
district police officials have rushed to the spot and are
negotiating with the protesters to secure Bala`s release.
The protesters also damaged several vehicles at the
spot, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan