Police officer washes Lalu` feet, probe ordered
Ranchi: Jharkhand police on Wednesday ordered a probe into media pictures showing a police officer washing the feet of Lalu Prasad Yadav before the RJD Chief went inside a temple while another policeman allegedly carried Lalu`s slippers, a senior police officer said in Ranchi.
"The probe has been ordered by the police headquarters after publication of photographs in newspapers, showing a sub-divisional police officer pouring water from a mug on the feet of Lalu Prasad and another carrying his slippers," the police officer said.
The opposition raised the issue in the Jharkhand Assembly earlier in the day.
Lalu, who was released on bail in a fodder scam case on Monday from Birsa Munda Central jail, had been to Deori temple, about 40 km from Ranchi, the same day to pay obeisance.
After addressing a press conference on Tuesday morning, the former Bihar chief minister went to Rajrappa temple in Ramgarh, about 45 km from Ranchi, where the events allegedly unfolded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read