Police officer washes Lalu` feet, probe ordered
Ranchi: Jharkhand police on Wednesday ordered a probe into media pictures showing a police officer washing the feet of Lalu Prasad Yadav before the RJD Chief went inside a temple while another policeman allegedly carried Lalu`s slippers, a senior police officer said in Ranchi.
"The probe has been ordered by the police headquarters after publication of photographs in newspapers, showing a sub-divisional police officer pouring water from a mug on the feet of Lalu Prasad and another carrying his slippers," the police officer said.
The opposition raised the issue in the Jharkhand Assembly earlier in the day.
Lalu, who was released on bail in a fodder scam case on Monday from Birsa Munda Central jail, had been to Deori temple, about 40 km from Ranchi, the same day to pay obeisance.
After addressing a press conference on Tuesday morning, the former Bihar chief minister went to Rajrappa temple in Ramgarh, about 45 km from Ranchi, where the events allegedly unfolded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss