Police opens blank fire to disperse irate mob in Sheikhpura
Sheikhpura: At least three policemen were
injured on Tuesday when an irate mob attacked a police station in
protest over the death of a woman in an accident, prompting
the cops to open fire in air to disperse them in Bihar`s
The woman was killed when a school bus hit her near
Koeri-Bigha village this morning, sub-divisional police
Santosh Kumar said.
Angry over the alleged delay by police in reaching the
spot, the locals assembled near the police station and
resorted to stone-pelting against the policemen, he said.
The station house officer and two constables were
injured in the brick batting, Kumar said.
Unable to control the mob, the police fired in the air
but none was injured, he said, adding that patrolling has been
intensified as tension ran high in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test