Police opens blank fire to disperse irate mob in Sheikhpura
Sheikhpura: At least three policemen were
injured on Tuesday when an irate mob attacked a police station in
protest over the death of a woman in an accident, prompting
the cops to open fire in air to disperse them in Bihar`s
The woman was killed when a school bus hit her near
Koeri-Bigha village this morning, sub-divisional police
Santosh Kumar said.
Angry over the alleged delay by police in reaching the
spot, the locals assembled near the police station and
resorted to stone-pelting against the policemen, he said.
The station house officer and two constables were
injured in the brick batting, Kumar said.
Unable to control the mob, the police fired in the air
but none was injured, he said, adding that patrolling has been
intensified as tension ran high in the area.
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan