Police opens blank fire to disperse irate mob in Sheikhpura
Sheikhpura: At least three policemen were
injured on Tuesday when an irate mob attacked a police station in
protest over the death of a woman in an accident, prompting
the cops to open fire in air to disperse them in Bihar`s
The woman was killed when a school bus hit her near
Koeri-Bigha village this morning, sub-divisional police
Santosh Kumar said.
Angry over the alleged delay by police in reaching the
spot, the locals assembled near the police station and
resorted to stone-pelting against the policemen, he said.
The station house officer and two constables were
injured in the brick batting, Kumar said.
Unable to control the mob, the police fired in the air
but none was injured, he said, adding that patrolling has been
intensified as tension ran high in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city