Police opens blank fire to disperse irate mob in Sheikhpura
Sheikhpura: At least three policemen were
injured on Tuesday when an irate mob attacked a police station in
protest over the death of a woman in an accident, prompting
the cops to open fire in air to disperse them in Bihar`s
The woman was killed when a school bus hit her near
Koeri-Bigha village this morning, sub-divisional police
Santosh Kumar said.
Angry over the alleged delay by police in reaching the
spot, the locals assembled near the police station and
resorted to stone-pelting against the policemen, he said.
The station house officer and two constables were
injured in the brick batting, Kumar said.
Unable to control the mob, the police fired in the air
but none was injured, he said, adding that patrolling has been
intensified as tension ran high in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez