Police opens fire on flood victims in Bihar
Supaul: Police baton charged and opened fire
on protesting flood victims at Birpur in Bihar`s Supaul
district injuring more than 12 of them on Thursday.
Supaul Deputy Superintendent of Police Vikas Kumar said
the police action was taken to disperse the victims of the
2008 Kosi river flood as they refused to withdraw their gherao
of the office of the Birpur sub-divisional officer demanding
government help to mitigate their problem.
The protestors were demanding rehabilitation, payment of
compensation as announced by the state government, employment
and checking the alleged looting of public money that had been
transferred to the district for taking care of the flood
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons