Police raid Bihar officials houses; recover Rs 1 crore, documents
Patna: The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) of the Bihar Police Friday recovered over Rs.1 crore in cash and documents related to movable and immovable property in raids against government officials.
According to EOU officials, simultaneous raids were conducted at 10 places across the state, including Patna.
The Economic Offences Unit officials carried out raids at the residences of Jhakhri Ram, a senior officer of mining department, and found disproportionate assets worth crore of rupees.
"We have raided house of Ram in Patna and other places and recovered huge cash and other documents related to his properties," Mohd Moquim, deputy superintendent of EOU said.
Jhakhri Ram is posted in Shekhpura district as mineral development officer.
In last one year, EOU had raided over a dozen of government officials and recovered cash, jewellery and documents related to properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack