Police raid Bihar officials houses; recover Rs 1 crore, documents
Patna: The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) of the Bihar Police Friday recovered over Rs.1 crore in cash and documents related to movable and immovable property in raids against government officials.
According to EOU officials, simultaneous raids were conducted at 10 places across the state, including Patna.
The Economic Offences Unit officials carried out raids at the residences of Jhakhri Ram, a senior officer of mining department, and found disproportionate assets worth crore of rupees.
"We have raided house of Ram in Patna and other places and recovered huge cash and other documents related to his properties," Mohd Moquim, deputy superintendent of EOU said.
Jhakhri Ram is posted in Shekhpura district as mineral development officer.
In last one year, EOU had raided over a dozen of government officials and recovered cash, jewellery and documents related to properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah