Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death
Patna: A police station chief has been arrested in Bihar`s capital following the custodial death of a man, police said here Saturday.
Salman, 50, who was charged with stealing vehicles, died from injuries he sustained when was allegedly beaten up during interrogation at the Maner police station here, a police official said.
Police station chief Ras Bihari Paswan has been arrested, and all others posted at the police station have been suspended, Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
Salman`s condition deteriorated after a local court sent him to judicial custody. The authorities at Beur jail here, where Salman was to be lodged in judicial custody, refused to take him in owing to his serious condition, a relative claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Terror and death: Survivors recount Kabul university attack
- France`s highest court to rule Friday on burkini ban
- Casualty rate soars for Afghan security forces: NATO
- Sheena Bora murder case: 20 clips of recorded telephone conversations emerge
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised