Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death
Patna: A police station chief has been arrested in Bihar`s capital following the custodial death of a man, police said here Saturday.
Salman, 50, who was charged with stealing vehicles, died from injuries he sustained when was allegedly beaten up during interrogation at the Maner police station here, a police official said.
Police station chief Ras Bihari Paswan has been arrested, and all others posted at the police station have been suspended, Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
Salman`s condition deteriorated after a local court sent him to judicial custody. The authorities at Beur jail here, where Salman was to be lodged in judicial custody, refused to take him in owing to his serious condition, a relative claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics