Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death
Patna: A police station chief has been arrested in Bihar`s capital following the custodial death of a man, police said here Saturday.
Salman, 50, who was charged with stealing vehicles, died from injuries he sustained when was allegedly beaten up during interrogation at the Maner police station here, a police official said.
Police station chief Ras Bihari Paswan has been arrested, and all others posted at the police station have been suspended, Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
Salman`s condition deteriorated after a local court sent him to judicial custody. The authorities at Beur jail here, where Salman was to be lodged in judicial custody, refused to take him in owing to his serious condition, a relative claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok