Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death
Patna: A police station chief has been arrested in Bihar`s capital following the custodial death of a man, police said here Saturday.
Salman, 50, who was charged with stealing vehicles, died from injuries he sustained when was allegedly beaten up during interrogation at the Maner police station here, a police official said.
Police station chief Ras Bihari Paswan has been arrested, and all others posted at the police station have been suspended, Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
Salman`s condition deteriorated after a local court sent him to judicial custody. The authorities at Beur jail here, where Salman was to be lodged in judicial custody, refused to take him in owing to his serious condition, a relative claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?