Police team questions Delhi rape accused`s father, brother
Aurangabad (Bihar): A Delhi Police team, which came here in search of Akshay Thakur, an accused in the rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in the national capital, on Wednesday questioned his father and brother.
The five-member team visited Lahankarma village bordering Jharkhand, about 55 km from the district headquarters and questioned the accused`s father and brother at the Tandwa police station, Acting Superintendent of Police Pranav Kumar said.
Kumar said Akshay`s father Saryu Singh, a marginal farmer, and his younger brother Abhay who works in Delhi, were let off after questioning.
The Delhi police team accompanied by the Bihar police also spoke to villagers to secure information about Akshay.
As per information, Akshay studied at the Tandwa school and had gone to Delhi in search of a job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter