Political mistake if Anna floats party: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said it would be "a political mistake" if Gandhian Anna Hazare floated a political party.
Talking to reporters here, Modi said in a democratic set-up, everybody has the right to float political party, but giving a political alternative is a different matter.
"It is also another matter to set up a political party, to run it and ensure victory of candidates," Modi said.
"Team Anna also has a right to float a political party, but this step will be a political mistake," he said.
"I am saying this since I was part of the JP movement and I can tell on the basis of my experience about it," Modi said.
However, Modi said Team Anna`s decision to float a new party did not pose any danger to BJP and NDA.
"We support Anna Hazare and Ramdev for their fight against corruption and the Congress will have to face the consequences," he said.
Modi said there was no need for Anna Hazare to be disappointed if the Centre did not give due weightage to his agitation against corruption as the people`s sentiments were with them.
He alleged that the Congress was not in a position to fight corruption effectively as reflected in the Congress-ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees