Political mistake if Anna floats party: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said it would be "a political mistake" if Gandhian Anna Hazare floated a political party.
Talking to reporters here, Modi said in a democratic set-up, everybody has the right to float political party, but giving a political alternative is a different matter.
"It is also another matter to set up a political party, to run it and ensure victory of candidates," Modi said.
"Team Anna also has a right to float a political party, but this step will be a political mistake," he said.
"I am saying this since I was part of the JP movement and I can tell on the basis of my experience about it," Modi said.
However, Modi said Team Anna`s decision to float a new party did not pose any danger to BJP and NDA.
"We support Anna Hazare and Ramdev for their fight against corruption and the Congress will have to face the consequences," he said.
Modi said there was no need for Anna Hazare to be disappointed if the Centre did not give due weightage to his agitation against corruption as the people`s sentiments were with them.
He alleged that the Congress was not in a position to fight corruption effectively as reflected in the Congress-ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened