Political mistake if Anna floats party: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said it would be "a political mistake" if Gandhian Anna Hazare floated a political party.
Talking to reporters here, Modi said in a democratic set-up, everybody has the right to float political party, but giving a political alternative is a different matter.
"It is also another matter to set up a political party, to run it and ensure victory of candidates," Modi said.
"Team Anna also has a right to float a political party, but this step will be a political mistake," he said.
"I am saying this since I was part of the JP movement and I can tell on the basis of my experience about it," Modi said.
However, Modi said Team Anna`s decision to float a new party did not pose any danger to BJP and NDA.
"We support Anna Hazare and Ramdev for their fight against corruption and the Congress will have to face the consequences," he said.
Modi said there was no need for Anna Hazare to be disappointed if the Centre did not give due weightage to his agitation against corruption as the people`s sentiments were with them.
He alleged that the Congress was not in a position to fight corruption effectively as reflected in the Congress-ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons