Poll manifesto of RJD-LJP to be announced on Oct 2: Paswan
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said the joint election manifesto of the RJD-LJP combine would be announced here on October two, the `Gandhi jayanti` day.
The poll manifesto would be released jointly by RJD
President Lalu Prasad and leaders of LJP that would `pin
point` the failures of the Nitish Kumar government, Paswan
told reporters here.
He said the final touches were being given to party`s
list of candidates which would be declared in two phases.
The list of sitting MLAs and those figuring in the
first phase of elections would be declared in a day or two as
the process of filing nominations papers for the first phase
elections for 47 seats on October 21 would commence from
The party`s list for next five phases would be
declared at later date, the LJP President said.
Taking potshots at Nitish Kumar for deriding Paswan
and RJD supremo Prasad, the LJP leader quipped, "Kumar`s
poetry should be nominated for the Oscars as he had taken cue
from the Oscar winning film song of A R Rehman."
Asked if Lalu`s poetry, composed to counter his
bete-noire should be nominated as well, Paswan said, "no
Laluji`s poetry is rustic with mass appeal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown