Powerful bombs seized from train in Bihar
Kishanganj: Eight powerful bombs were seized by the police from a train bound for New Jalpaiguri in adjacent West Bengal when it stopped at the Kishanganj Railway Station.
On a tip off that some criminals were travelling with a consignment of bombs in the Maldah-New Jalpaiguri passenger train, the police, RPF and GRP searched the train when it stopped at Kishanganj, Government Railway Police Station in-charge Alok Prasad Singh said.
The bombs were recovered from a general compartment of the train.
"The powerful bombs were kept in a plastic bag beneath a seat. We took them out and called the Bomb Disposal Squad to defuse them," Alok said.
No arrest was made, he said.
Intelligence Bureau personnel are investigating whether the recovery was related to any terror activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble