Powerful bombs seized from train in Bihar
Kishanganj: Eight powerful bombs were seized by the police from a train bound for New Jalpaiguri in adjacent West Bengal when it stopped at the Kishanganj Railway Station.
On a tip off that some criminals were travelling with a consignment of bombs in the Maldah-New Jalpaiguri passenger train, the police, RPF and GRP searched the train when it stopped at Kishanganj, Government Railway Police Station in-charge Alok Prasad Singh said.
The bombs were recovered from a general compartment of the train.
"The powerful bombs were kept in a plastic bag beneath a seat. We took them out and called the Bomb Disposal Squad to defuse them," Alok said.
No arrest was made, he said.
Intelligence Bureau personnel are investigating whether the recovery was related to any terror activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!