Powerful bombs seized from train in Bihar
Kishanganj: Eight powerful bombs were seized by the police from a train bound for New Jalpaiguri in adjacent West Bengal when it stopped at the Kishanganj Railway Station.
On a tip off that some criminals were travelling with a consignment of bombs in the Maldah-New Jalpaiguri passenger train, the police, RPF and GRP searched the train when it stopped at Kishanganj, Government Railway Police Station in-charge Alok Prasad Singh said.
The bombs were recovered from a general compartment of the train.
"The powerful bombs were kept in a plastic bag beneath a seat. We took them out and called the Bomb Disposal Squad to defuse them," Alok said.
No arrest was made, he said.
Intelligence Bureau personnel are investigating whether the recovery was related to any terror activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured