Powerful bombs seized from train in Bihar
Kishanganj: Eight powerful bombs were seized by the police from a train bound for New Jalpaiguri in adjacent West Bengal when it stopped at the Kishanganj Railway Station.
On a tip off that some criminals were travelling with a consignment of bombs in the Maldah-New Jalpaiguri passenger train, the police, RPF and GRP searched the train when it stopped at Kishanganj, Government Railway Police Station in-charge Alok Prasad Singh said.
The bombs were recovered from a general compartment of the train.
"The powerful bombs were kept in a plastic bag beneath a seat. We took them out and called the Bomb Disposal Squad to defuse them," Alok said.
No arrest was made, he said.
Intelligence Bureau personnel are investigating whether the recovery was related to any terror activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!