Pranab may visit Bihar after Aug 15, says Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said the new President Pranab Mukherjee had accepted his invitation and might undertake a visit to the state after August 15.
Talking to reporters here on his arrival from New Delhi, Kumar said, "I handed him over an invitation which Pranab Mukherjee accepted. He is likely to visit Bihar to launch the state`s own project-- `Agriculture roadmap for Bihar` possibly after August 15."
Kumar said he also met Union Health and Family Welfare Minister with whom he discussed the disease of brain fever among children in Muzaffarpur and Gaya in Bihar.
He alleged that the Centre was not making available to the state vaccines to tackle brain fever and encephalitis.
"Our state health department officials have contacted the health officials in New Delhi and we will send a team to New Delhi for the purpose soon," Kumar said.
An ordinance has come to start medical teaching in the AIIMS in Patna from this year, he said adding a separate bill was also to come in Parliament soon. "I also discussed with Azad about giving recognition to other medical colleges."
Azad may visit Bihar in August, Kumar said.
To a question, he said Jaswant Singh was the NDA candidate for vice president and he wanted to express his gratitude to JD-U central leadership for supporting him.
"Jaswant Singh is a fit candidate for the post of vice president and NDA was united
for his victory," Kumar said he also met Jaswant Singh in New Delhi this morning.
On the increase in prices of petroleum products, he said its impact in the state would be ascertained. "We will do everything to provide relief to the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court