Pregnant lady’s death triggers violence in Bihar
Nawada (Bihar): A woman and her child in the womb died in the district hospital here allegedly due to doctor`s negligence leading to violent protest by locals on Thursday, police said.
A pregnant woman, Sangeeta Kumari, had come to the hospital four days ago. Her relatives alleged that a lady doctor was pressuring the woman to come to her private nursing home and did not take care of her in the hospital.
For want of proper treatment, the woman and her child in the womb died last night in the hospital, they alleged.
Angry over the incident, kins of the victim staged violent protest in the hospital and reportedly beat up nurses.
They relented only when the district administration assured them of taking action against the accused doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured