Pregnant lady’s death triggers violence in Bihar
Nawada (Bihar): A woman and her child in the womb died in the district hospital here allegedly due to doctor`s negligence leading to violent protest by locals on Thursday, police said.
A pregnant woman, Sangeeta Kumari, had come to the hospital four days ago. Her relatives alleged that a lady doctor was pressuring the woman to come to her private nursing home and did not take care of her in the hospital.
For want of proper treatment, the woman and her child in the womb died last night in the hospital, they alleged.
Angry over the incident, kins of the victim staged violent protest in the hospital and reportedly beat up nurses.
They relented only when the district administration assured them of taking action against the accused doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh