Pregnant lady’s death triggers violence in Bihar
Nawada (Bihar): A woman and her child in the womb died in the district hospital here allegedly due to doctor`s negligence leading to violent protest by locals on Thursday, police said.
A pregnant woman, Sangeeta Kumari, had come to the hospital four days ago. Her relatives alleged that a lady doctor was pressuring the woman to come to her private nursing home and did not take care of her in the hospital.
For want of proper treatment, the woman and her child in the womb died last night in the hospital, they alleged.
Angry over the incident, kins of the victim staged violent protest in the hospital and reportedly beat up nurses.
They relented only when the district administration assured them of taking action against the accused doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional