Pregnant lady’s death triggers violence in Bihar
Nawada (Bihar): A woman and her child in the womb died in the district hospital here allegedly due to doctor`s negligence leading to violent protest by locals on Thursday, police said.
A pregnant woman, Sangeeta Kumari, had come to the hospital four days ago. Her relatives alleged that a lady doctor was pressuring the woman to come to her private nursing home and did not take care of her in the hospital.
For want of proper treatment, the woman and her child in the womb died last night in the hospital, they alleged.
Angry over the incident, kins of the victim staged violent protest in the hospital and reportedly beat up nurses.
They relented only when the district administration assured them of taking action against the accused doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here