Preparations in full swing for Advani`s yatra
Sitab Diara: Supporters and workers of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Bihar’s Sitab Diara village have stepped up preparations for party veteran Lal Krishna Advani``s forthcoming ``Jan Chetna Yatra``.
"These preparations are going on for October 11. Advani`s Rath Yatra (chariot procession) will start from here and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will flag off the procession," said Bhola Singh, a contactor of the repairing and construction work.
"The preparations are in full swing as all important personalities are going to come here," said Ram Bahadur Singh, a local.
Advani will begin his nation wide tour from Sitab Diara village, which is the birthplace of India`s freedom fighter Jai Prakash Narayan.
Advani has apparently chosen Sitab Diara as the starting point of his yatra because of Jai Prakash`s fight against corruption during his Total Revolution Movement in the mid-1970s.
The village is being given a new look, as masons were seen revamping the roads and all the important buildings in the village were being painted.
The much-hyped journey is going to encompass 23 states, four Union Territories, which will include 100 districts and 7600 kilometres.
The yatra will see Advani boarding 14 special aircraft and six helicopters. He has to visit a total of 46 places across the country. The 38-day long yatra will conclude in Delhi on November 20 in form of a massive rally.
However, many political parties have claimed that Advani`s procession was motivated by the upcoming general elections to be held in 2014.
Advani had organised a similar Yatra in 1992, to mobilise the people towards building a temple dedicated to Hindu deity in Ayodhya.
It was again in 2004, that he had taken out another chariot procession as he reiterated the demand to build a temple in Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video