President stresses on education to girl child
Patna: Emphasizing on the need for
education and empowerment of women, President Pratibha Patil on Tuesday asked state governments to launch projects to impart
education to the girl childs.
It was imperative that the women must be educated and
empowered to play a crucial role in development and poverty
alleviation in the society, she said while inaugurating the
legislative council`s centenary celebrations in the state
The state governments should launch projects to give
education to the girl childs in order to empower the women to
play a significant role in the development process and poverty
alleviation in the society, Patil said.
The President praised the Bihar government for its
several initiatives for giving education to the women,
including 50 per cent reservation for the fair gender in the
recruitment of teachers in the state.
She expressed concern at the prevalence of social vices
like dowry, child marriage, girl infanticide and drug
addiction in the society and called for concerted steps
for eradication of these vices.
Observing that our country was growing rapidly to an
extent that it has become the fourth largest world economy,
Patil said that pro-development policies be carried on and
ensured that the benefits of development did reach out to the
last person, including the deprived sections of the society.
The inclusive growth was a key component of the
development process and the social services and employment
opportunities being generated must reach to all people of the
country, besides good education and quality health services,
Referring to the economic growth in Bihar, Patil said
that the state government should step up efforts to bring
growth in the industrial and agriculture sectors.
She expressed hope that Bihar, which has already been
contributing significantly in the national growth, would
continue to chip in with other states in its contributions to
the development process at the national level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie