President stresses on education to girl child
Patna: Emphasizing on the need for
education and empowerment of women, President Pratibha Patil on Tuesday asked state governments to launch projects to impart
education to the girl childs.
It was imperative that the women must be educated and
empowered to play a crucial role in development and poverty
alleviation in the society, she said while inaugurating the
legislative council`s centenary celebrations in the state
The state governments should launch projects to give
education to the girl childs in order to empower the women to
play a significant role in the development process and poverty
alleviation in the society, Patil said.
The President praised the Bihar government for its
several initiatives for giving education to the women,
including 50 per cent reservation for the fair gender in the
recruitment of teachers in the state.
She expressed concern at the prevalence of social vices
like dowry, child marriage, girl infanticide and drug
addiction in the society and called for concerted steps
for eradication of these vices.
Observing that our country was growing rapidly to an
extent that it has become the fourth largest world economy,
Patil said that pro-development policies be carried on and
ensured that the benefits of development did reach out to the
last person, including the deprived sections of the society.
The inclusive growth was a key component of the
development process and the social services and employment
opportunities being generated must reach to all people of the
country, besides good education and quality health services,
Referring to the economic growth in Bihar, Patil said
that the state government should step up efforts to bring
growth in the industrial and agriculture sectors.
She expressed hope that Bihar, which has already been
contributing significantly in the national growth, would
continue to chip in with other states in its contributions to
the development process at the national level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM